Thursday, November 25, 2010

eh! t'anks yeah!

it's the ultimate cliche, giving "thanks" on thanksgiving is like having smelly pee after eating asparagus - they kinda go hand in hand. while we may not like the idea of saying our "thank yous" in front of everyone gathered around the dinner table, giving thanks makes us think long and hard about what it is we are truly grateful for. so, in honor of that tradition, here's what I'm thankful for.

today, I am grateful for turkeys - they sacrificed themselves so we could enjoy a delicious entree; mimi's dodger blue blouse - it certainly makes my outfit and now she can enjoy thanksgiving "hawaiian style"; benadryl - thanks to you my allergy attack was vanquished; my crap cheap drawers from walmart - the bottom drawer completely gave out on me this morning, but considering how cheap it was I'm thankful it's lasted me this long; shanna's straightener - thank goodness I have a roommate who is as generous with her beauty products as she is with her chauffeuring; GSO - it's taken you guys over six months to reimburse me $2000 but you also just awarded me $786 to return to Denmark in march (I guess I can't really be mad at you); post-its! everybody loves post-its!

and finally, all my friends and family. more specifically, mom, dad, jenny, kiki, christian, steve, mimi, and everyone else I failed to mention. you have given me the financial and personal support I need to turn my dreams into a reality (duh, I live in hawaii for crying out loud!).

thank you for all that you do, and so much more

No comments:

Post a Comment