Sunday, November 14, 2010

you gotta know the territory

when it comes to matters of the heart, how do you know when someone is right for you?

answer: I have no fucking idea.

even if I found it, I may not have the brains or ability to recognize it. the truth is, I'm way too good at being strong. I've spent the last two years avoiding heartache by running as fast as I can from any and all potential love interests. granted most of them probably weren't right for me anyway, but I rarely wait around long enough to find out for sure. I have a problem with commitment (obviously), and quite possibly anything involving risk. no doubt, love is a risky business. there's always the chance of getting hurt, BUT if I've learned anything in my short twenty-six years it's this.

heartbreak comes with the territory. you have to be willing to put yourself out there if you're ever going to find what you're looking for. growing is as much about experiencing change, as it is about experiencing loss. inevitably you'll have to go down some dead end roads before discovering which path to take.

the good news is, by now, I think I know what I want. I just pray to god I recognize it when it finds me.

cross your fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment