Tuesday, February 28, 2012

FEBRUARY



assholes need not apply
2/18/12

right now my heart kind of feels like a burnt piece of toast - half eaten and burnt to a crisp.

I probably should have said it weeks ago but I didn't so I'm saying it now. I love you but I don't need you. right here, right now, I'm saying no more.

today I believe in courage - and the strength to walk away from unhealthy situations. today I believe in new beginnings - because no one said starting over was easy. today I believe in second loves - usually never as good as the first but still there to teach us something about ourselves and the people we should end up with.



bookends
2/10/10

"to read a book for the first time is to make an acquaintance with a new friend. to read it for a second time is to meet an old one."

books have a beginning and an end - but it's what we find between the pages that truly defines who we are. books have the power to influence our thoughts, inspire our actions, and teach us new perspectives on life.

end your day in the company of a good book



change
2/9/10

I've been thinking a lot about change today. There are different types of change. You get old, you change physically. You get sad, you change your state of mind. You find a new love, you have a change of heart. You need to get away, you change your location. Nothing endures but change. It's everywhere!

Katie - remember, in order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired. Love chuuuuuu




becoming mindful
2/17/10

"the mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell out of heaven."

believe you are happy, and you will be. remember..."while we spend our time waiting for happiness, happiness is always here, waiting."

(how quickly we forget this simple truth)


No comments:

Post a Comment